So, after our latest blog on losing weight during vacation (read the blog here), there were numerous requests for our vacation workout/meal plan. A few weeks ago, we went on our annual family vacation to the beach. As requested, we kept track of the entire week to share with you.
As far as meals were concerned, we were fortunate. By renting a condo for the week, we have access to a kitchen and grill. We rarely ever eat out, in fact, this year, we only went out for Sunday brunch. There are two grocery stores on the island that make fabulous homemade breads and desserts. Get out and check the local stores and bakeries, you may be pleasantly surprised by what you find! If you are able, save money and calories by cooking your own meals.
Meal Examples from the Week:
- 1 Homemade Cinnamon Bread Slice topped with Peanut Butter, Banana and Blueberries
- 2 Scrambled Eggs with 2 Center-cut Bacon Slices
- 1 Blueberry Pancake with Syrup, 2 Egg Whites, and 2 Turkey Sausage Links
- Handful of Chips and Homemade Salsa
- Handful of Triscuits with a variety of Cheese Slices
- Peaches and Grapes
- Homemade Cheese Bread with Turkey, Provolone, and Olive Oil Mayo, Pickle, and Orange Slices
- Yogurt Parfait with Whipped Peanut Butter, Blueberries, Raspberries, and Granola
- Grilled Chicken Caesar
- Grilled Chicken Breast, Sautéed Zucchini and Squash, and Fruit Salad (Strawberries, Oranges, Raspberries, Blueberries, and Red Grapes)
- Bratwurst topped with Green Peppers and Onions and Mixed Salad
- Filet Mignon, Baked Potato Slices, and Corn on the Cob
Dessert (we are on vacation, we must have dessert ☺)
- Homemade Cookies (3 different kinds- my mom is awesome!)
- Small Slice of Homemade Key Lime Pie
We stay steadily active from paddle boarding, bike riding, playing tennis, and walking the beach. In addition, we also try to squeeze in a workout before we start our daily plans. My brother-in-law is an Ironman triathlete (that's right, he competes in Ironmans!!!!), so his two hour runs and bike rides put us to shame, but we did get in a few good workouts of our own.
Day 1- "Fat Burning Cardio"
Day 2 (it was raining, so we stayed inside for this one)- "5 Minute Mania"
Day 3- "Stairway to Heaven"
Day 4- 2.5 mile run and "Plank Burnout"
Day 5- Rest Day
Day 6- "Water Workout"
Day 7- 2.5 mile run with 10 short sprints, 5 medium sprints, and 2 long sprints
Our biggest priority during vacation is relaxing. We may workout in the morning, but the rest of the day we lay out on the beach, read a few books, take naps, play games, fish, watch sunsets, and just enjoy our time off. Enjoy the rest of your summer and keep us posted on your vacations- how do you stay active, what do you eat, where is your favorite place to relax? We would love to hear from you- share your photos or stories on any of our social media sites!