The Fit & Fabulous February Challenge is off to a great start! If you are new to MAX Training and/or are interested in joining the challenge, it is not too late! Just click here to see how to join and then click here to catch up.
Congratulations to all of our Challenge participants! Many of you have updated us throughout the challenge by sharing photos of you rocking the workouts, posting your nutritious meals, and contacting us for support. Keep it up, you are 7 days closer to reaching your goals. Now, it is time to step it up a notch!
In addition to the workouts, we are now adding our signature Burnouts to the challenge. Whether you love them or hate them, our Burnouts ensure you finish your workout with a bang! Get ready to take your training to the MAX!
As far as your diet is concerned, it is time to take a closer look at what you are consuming. For this week, we would like you track your meals. Luckily for you, there are a variety of great apps out there to make this an easier task than reading labels and measuring food.
MyFitnessPal and Calorie Counter PRO MyNet Diary are simple calorie counting apps with massive food databases and barcode scanners to quickly and easily keep track of your food and beverage intake. Diet Point- Weight Loss and Diet Assistance- Weight Loss are meal planning apps that help you create the perfect meal plans for your goals and tastes, as well as, generate grocery shopping lists. Do you have a favorite fitness and nutrition app? Comment below and share with your MAX family!
Remember, continue to keep track of your progress. We also encourage you to share, post, pin, and tweet throughout the Challenge. We love to hear from you!
This week, try and aim to complete all four workouts. Be sure to use your active rest days to recover both physically and mentally.
Workout #1- "Kettlebell Tabata"
Perform each exercise for 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 8 rounds (4 minutes).
- Around the Body
- Lunge Pass-Throughs
- Overhead Sit-Ups
- Front Squats
* Please watch the video for exercise demonstrations. If you do not have a kettlebell, any dumbbell will do. Or, you can try this great Tabata workout that does not use any equipment-"Tabata Time!"
Burnout #1- "10 in 10"
* This ab burnout is sure to become one of your favorites! Click on the link to view the workout.
Workout #2- "Cardio Boost"
- Half Mile Run
- 100 Double Unders
* Check out the video for the workout and exercise modifications. This is no ordinary cardio workout- it is intense! But do not worry, it is easy to modify to your fitness ability.
Burnout #2- "Pretzel Squat"
* Get ready to feel the burn with this lower body Burnout! Click the link to view the workout.
Workout #3- "Chair Challenge"
- 1 minute Incline Plank
- 40 Alternating Step Ups
- 40 Right Elevated Split Squats
- 40 Left Elevated Split Squats
- 1 minute Elevated Right Side Plank
- 1 minute Elevated Left Side Plank
- 40 Right Side Plank Leg Lifts
- 40 Left Side Plank Leg Lifts
- 40 Right Lateral Step Ups
- 40 Left Lateral Step Ups
- 1 minute Decline Plank
- 40 Right Single Leg Squats
- 40 Left Single Leg Squats
- 40 Right Single Leg Hip Thrusts
- 40 Left Single Leg Hip Thrusts
- 40 Dips
- 40 Sit-Ups
* View the video for exercise demonstrations and beginner modifications.
No need for an additional Burnout- we already added one into the Chair Challenge workout!
Workout #4- "21s"
- 7,7,7 Bicep Curls
- 7,7,7 Sit-Ups
- 7,7,7 Bench Presses
- 7,7,7 Squats
* View our video for the workout and exercise demonstrations. If you do not have access to weights, please check out our MAX Workouts page and choose a workout that is perfect for you!
Please share your progress with your MAX family! We are right here doing the challenge along with you and are so happy you chose to join us! When things get tough, when you are tired and can not find the energy to workout, when that triple fudge brownie is calling your name, we are here and are rooting for you! You GET what you GIVE!