3... 2... 1... Happy New Year!
It is time to let go of the past and look forward to the future. The New Year brings us all a chance to start over! If you resolve to lose weight, quit smoking, earn more money this year, we promise to be with you every step of the way to help you reach your goals. However, consider making resolutions to better your soul, refresh your spirit, revitalize your way of thinking, and begin to change you from the inside out.
Here are the 7 resolutions you should be making this year:
- Believe your self-worth is more than a number. Your value is not determined by the number of followers or likes on a picture. Always remember, Hitler had millions of followers, Jesus had 12.
- Do not judge. It seems so simple, yet we find ourselves forming opinions, jumping to conclusions, and making fun of others. Work on keeping your thoughts positive and avoiding stereotypes. Judging someone does not define who they are, it defines who you are.
- Reconnect with your true loved ones. Use your phone for its original purpose- to call people. Instead of watching funny cat videos or checking your Twitter feed, use your time to call a relative or text a college friend. Even better, write a letter or a "thank you" note. When you need it the most, you will seek comfort from your loved ones, not your internet "friends." Hopefully, they will still be there.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. You are unique and wonderful in your own way. I know personally how hard that is to believe. Appreciate you, enjoy your successes, find inspiration in others, and always count your blessings.
- Make time for you. We are plagued with stress and it is literally making us sick. Refresh and renew your mind, body, and soul. Meditate, take a bath, read a book, enjoy a glass of wine, pray, get a massage, do whatever is necessary to take care of you.
- Do not believe everything you read or hear. With the vast amount of information that spreads across the media, it is hard to decipher what is true and what is false. In the health and fitness world alone, 2015 was a year full of misinformation- detox diets, waist "training," so-called superfoods, just to name a few. Take a moment and do a little research before you push that share button.
- Love. Love with all your heart, completely, unconditionally, without abandon. In the end, it is all that matters.
Join us in our New Year tradition- the countdown workout!
"Countdown to a New Year" (view video for exercise demonstrations)
- 100 Jumping Jacks
- 95 High Knees Running
- 90 Heel-to-Butt Running
- 85 Calf Raises
- 80 Mountain Climbers
- 75 Torso Twists
- 70 Lateral Obstacle Jumps
- 65 Back Extensions
- 60 Sit-ups
- 55 Half Squat Jumps
- 50 Alternating Lunges
- 45 Heel-to-Butt Jumps
- 40 Dips
- 35 High Knee Skipping
- 30 Push-ups
- 25 V-ups
- 20 Squats
- 15 Tuck Jumps
- 10 Burpees
- 5 Inverted Burpees